Family LaneChecks have never been easier than in the Family Lanes. These are special lanes for families, open all year round.
At Malpensa there is a lane for families with babies and children up to 5 years.
At Linate there is a lane for families with babies and children up to 12 years.
Baby Pit StopsWhen the baby needs a refill, mother can nurse in peace and quiet in the Baby Pit Stop inside the Sale Amica inside the airport. The Baby Pit Stop is equipped with an ergonomic easy chair and a baby-change table.
Play AreaWho told you that airport waiting is boring? In the Milan Airports you will find areas bustling with interactive games:
- Malpensa Terminal 1 – in satellites A, B and North (Nord)
- Malpensa Terminal 2 - boarding areas near gate D9
- Linate – boarding area near gate A17
What should I pack in my suitcase?Here is some information on how to prepare your luggage for luggage control.
- In your hand luggage, take only things that will be of use to you while on the aeroplane.
- Liquids, aerosols and gels must be carried in containers having a maximum capacity of 100ml, and must be placed in a transparent and sealable bag having a volume of no more than one litre.
- Important: you may not carry on toys that in any way resemble a weapon.
For the tiny onesYou can buy formula and homogenised milk at the pharmacies in the airport situated at the arrivals level in Milan Linate, at the arrivals level at Malpensa Terminal 1 and at departure zone B at Malpensa Terminal 1.
- You can heat up bottles and homogenized foodstuffs in the special places reserved for this purpose.
- You can take milk and food for children: at luggage control these must be placed in a tray and you might be asked to open them or taste them to check the contents.
- You can take medicines for children in volumes of more than 100ml by showing the doctor’s prescription for them
- Ask your airline about the luggage allowance and pushchairs
At luggage controlYour hand luggage must be placed on the conveyor belt: luggage will be examined by the x-ray machine to see what is inside.
- Wallets, metal objects, keys, mobile phones and liquids must be placed in a tray provided.
- Computers, tablets and videogames should be shown separately from hand luggage
- Pushchairs must be folded.
- Games, blankets, coats, jackets, child seats and other children’s equipment must also all be sent through the x-ray machine.
- The largest objects should be controlled separately.
At the metal detectorBefore going through the metal detector, remove overcoats, jackets and metal objects for checking by the x-ray machine.
You might be asked to remove your child’s shoes: remember that shoes with velcro fastenings are easier in these cases.
Children old enough to walk alone can pass unaided through the metal detector, or they can be carried by the accompanying adult.
And if the alarm goes off?No problem! Children will be checked in the presence of their accompanying adult, while little ones can be carried: the security officer will check whether you have forgotten any metal object that has triggered the alarm.
For your pet friendsCats and smaller breeds of dogs can travel with you in the cabin:
- take your furry friend in a ventilated cage with a waterproof bottom;
- the travelling cage will be controlled by the x-ray machine while your pet should be carried by hand through the metal detector
Large animals must travel in the hold.
If you travel within the European Union you must carry the animal’s pet travel document which must include the vaccinations (rabies included) as well as the number of the microchip.
You can also travel alone by plane!After booking your place with your airline, go to check-in accompanied by an adult.
You will get a badge to place around your neck with the boarding card and documentation for the flight.
One hour before the flight a hostess will accompany you on-board the aeroplane.
The air crew will look after you during the flight.
When you arrive at destination an officer will accompany you to collect your luggage and then take you to meet the person meeting you at the airport.
Discover VolandiaVisit Volandia, the biggest flight-themed park and museum in Italy
- Just ten minutes from Terminal 1 in Malpensa
- More than 1000 square metres in all, with a playground and an outside garden
- Lots of replicas of historical planes, and even some space modules
- Flight simulators, a planetarium and a well-equipped playground